A little, ahem, view of some fabric I've purchased lately. This is going to be the summer of sewing, I can feel it. I have plans for each little bit of that stack, which is nice, but intimidating. Want a closer look?
1. After seeing this quilt, I knew I had to give half square triangles another go. I love the look and freshness of this one, and that stack of Bella Solids is some kind of wonderful.
2. My Steam Punk quilt is in the dreamy phase right now. I'm still a bit scared of curves so I'm giving myself a day to test and tackle those. Not with that fabric... but I'll test drive some curves before I get going on this one. Tons of inspiration over at Jeannette's, each one of her steam punk blocks becomes my new favorite.
3. We desperately need a new tablecloth and I needed one that didn't cost a fortune, mostly one I wasn't afraid of spilling on... I'm a messy eater. I purchased that yellow Loulouthi fabric and a bit of the circles from Form and Fabric's $4.20 a yard section... seriously. Four dollars a yard? Sold. I love their site and they ship super quickly as well.
4. I decided to get a bit of Anna Maria Horner's Field Study in Rayon for a staple dress. I still need to cut out and tape the pattern together which I'm told is a bit of a process. The rain this week promises to allow for some serious garment sewing. I can't wait to make a few of these for (gulp) back to school in the fall.
5. We're experiencing a bit of a baby boom here... some tiny babies are on the way for a few special people in my life and it has me itching to make a baby quilt or three. I'm so in love with Krista's "Welcome to Nunaka Quilt" and have gathered some lovelies to make something similar. Probably devoid of half square triangles... you know my loathing of them.
6. This Kokka fabric is so sweet and also purchased on sale from Form and Fabric. It's really bright and happy and I see it as a whole cloth quilt simply tied with some purl cotton. Easy and nice for a quick gift.
7. I purchased these amazingly beautiful prints from Ayumi's Etsy Shop. I love this print and was delighted to see it in other colors as I've been oogling the blue for a few years. These will find their way into my Steam Punk Quilt (in theory).
8. I'm still collecting Liberty prints and these were new to me. I love the stars print and the floral as well. These will also end up in my eclectic Steam Punk Quilt.
Happy Weekend everyone, I hope it finds you enjoying the day, whatever it brings. We're enjoying Rob's return from a work trip, nursing a still sensitive stomach and ready to spend time with family. Hopefully a little sewing happens in between!