Looking back and looking ahead today. I don't usually make (or keep!) resolutions, yet something about this year we've had has me looking forward with the desire to live more purposefully and certainly in a more balanced way. So it is with the idea and promise of a fresh start that comes with this day, but more importantly comes with the opportunity of each day, that I begin this new year with some wishes...
* photographing - I want to get back into the swing of a picture a day. I've been so inspired this year by Erin's and Beth's photo journaling. Follow their amazing images on Flickr, I just love what they capture each day and am going to make it past March this year with my own :) Along with that, this will be the year we buy a DSLR. I need to investigate which will work best for our needs.
* cleaning - kind of a bummer, but our routine here is incredibly disorganized. A schedule is really needed! I found the one we will use on Pinterest, but this one is similar. I love the idea of focusing on each day and having one major task that gets done each day. It feels manageable for me (I'm typically mentally exhausted after my day and the thought of cleaning when I get home makes me want to weep) and allows us to know when one or the other has done something in the house. Rob works from home and sometimes cleans while he's thinking something through for work... I know, I'm totally spoiled.
* sewing - I need to be better about finishing works in progress. It's bad. My sewing time is so limited that I sometimes lose steam with a project I can't finish in a few sittings. My goal this year is to finish the works I've had in progress for a while... wish me luck!
* travel - I used to travel quite a bit, but for the last few years that really hasn't been something I've made a priority. It needs to be. I am a girl who wanders and it needs to be more a part of what I do.
* hikes - Rob and I used to spend more time outside, and I want to do more of that this year. Working on the house, graduate programs, and our individual projects sometimes makes time really fleeting and our hikes/adventuring has suffered. I'm looking forward to finding some new places to explore.
* cooking and baking - Rob is really the foodie here in our home, and I love that he is able to be so creative with food, spoiled, spoiled we are... I'd like to try more recipes and cook more than I do. It is certainly on my radar this year.
* blogging - I love the time that I am able to spend in this space, and allowing that time for myself needs to be more of a priority in this coming year.
These are just a few of the wishes I have for this year... are you making any? Before I sign off for the last time this year, I just want to thank each and every one of you for stopping by this space. I truly appreciate you being a part of this. Happy New Year everyone, see you in 2013!