Credits for these amazing and inspirational images are here
Happy New Year to you and yours! I'm so looking forward to all that the new year has in store for us here on Gehring Road. There promises to be some travel, plenty of joy and I'm determined that there should be more craftiness. My resolution (I rarely make them) is to find more balance and make more time for creative endeavors in life. I've decided to start this year off with a crafty-list of things to do, that will a reminder of things I'd like to accomplish and a way to keep track of what is being crossed off this list. So here goes (from left to right)...
* (Added 6/11) I'm so inspired by this quilt... it's use of neutrals, it's carefree expression allowing the fabrics to be showcased.
* I've seen so many fantastic Half-Square Triangle Quilts from really talented crafters on Flickr. See here and here. I'm thinking this would be lovely in some Hope Valley (which I really need to snatch up more of before it disappears) and some Kona Coal or Charcoal. Hope Valley here!
* Single Girl Quilt... a surprise, but loving the support group so I'm in!
* I love these plus blocks from Amy and the absolutely stunning quilt she made with them. They are high on my to-do list in 2011.
* Must have courage and paint the back wall of the loft that insanely beautiful Clinton Brown. It looks like suede... in a photo. Oh Benjamin Moore, how you scare me.
* Must start finish a bird mobile with lace accents and amazing buttons for the loft.
* Need to find something to do with those selvedges.
* Don't laugh... I'd like to learn to crochet. Mostly because I want desperately to make a Granny afgan with insanely lovely colors like this one. Luckily, I'm blessed with a talented 89 year old aunt who might take that daunting challenge of teaching these fingers to crochet properly on... ha!
* I need to figure out a solution to the table dilemma. I love Dottie's sewing area... really her whole home. I'm coveting this ever since Brooke mentioned it. Don't tell Rob, we have spare tables and chairs all over this home of ours, and we try to pawn them off on anyone who enters. He also hates Ikea. Maybe just the re-assembly required when I purchase Ikea while he is away and assemble it incorrectly. Hmm...
* I love these appliqued houses and that hand-sewn mermaid. I have to do more hand sewing and applique in the next year.
* That pinwheel pillow... yum. Really pillows in general are on my list for 2011. I have to make some pillow cases and some accent pillows as well... hopefully for the new chair.
* An orange quilt... you know it's going to include some grey. But I'd love to take my amassed orange prints and sew up something as a lap quilt for me.
* On my crafty list of things to do is also the dreaded cathedral window. I obsess over these on a shockingly frequent basis. They're perfect. And the pink and grey... lovely. I think some practice with these is really in order.
* I need to find some more vintage tins. I saw this one on Etsy, hesitated for a split second and you know my luck... Anyway, I need to take some of these home when Brimfield comes around again.
* I love this pillow embroidered with titles made by Amy. Again, the hand sewing... I need to take that on this year.
* I'm looking forward to disassembling my Strips and Bricks quilt and finally quilting that beauty that currently sits on my ladder looking lovely... but would look even lovelier as a quilt and as it was designed to be. Finishing projects I begin... a resolution for sure.
* I'd love to make a quilt just with Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks voile... something scrappy I think like this, but something that would make a squishy-soft quilt. We're going to be overrun with quilts here I think.
* I'm loving this quilt, the bold but muted colors... and that hand stitching is amazing.
*** *** ***
So there is the start to my crafty list of things to do... I'm looking forward to adding to it as much as I'm looking forward to updating its progress. A lovely little list that changes and reflects the current state of craftiness here in the loft.
Before I put this year and post to rest, I have a great deal to say thank you for. The continued encouragement and inspiration I have found through the blogging and Flickr communities I've been lucky enough to be so warmly welcomed and accepted into has truly touched and nourished my soul. I am amazed by the creativity I see on the blogs and in the crafty forums that are so part of my day and really my continued growth as a maker of things. And to those that pop in on this space that I so love, I thank you for your supportive words and for simply checking in. Thank you, thank you. From our little family to yours, we wish you much joy, much peace, and many happy days in this new year. We'll see you on Monday!
- Jen, Rob and Kylie too!